Making Everyday an Adventure in Marriage, New Parenthood, and Living on a Caribbean Island
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 30, 2011

one whole year!

Our first wedding anniversary is tomorrow!  I flipped back in my day planner to this week one year ago, and it was so fun to remember the things we were doing and planning for the wedding, honeymoon, and move to Atlanta.  It was impossible to imagine at that point all the changes we would face in this first year, from moving to expecting a baby!  Who knew?!  We have had so much fun and we continue to grow closer everyday, through every new experience.  I am so lucky to have married my best friend, biggest supporter, and someone that challenges me to be a better person.  I can't wait to see what year number two has in store for us!
Here is a quick look back on our amazing, adventure filled first year together.
Our Beautiful Wedding!
Paddleboarding on our Honeymoon.

Canoeing the Chatahoochee river with the dogs.
Some of the awsome friends we made in Alanta came together to build a softball team.
Enjoying a night out in Atlanta

Group trip to Helen for Oktoberfest
Patrick carving our very first Thanksgiving turkey in our home.
Celebrating Christmas at the Broadamore.

Our first Christmas morning together as husband and wife.

Breaking it down after a dinner party.
The sign I made for our front door, and the decorations Patrick put up when I changed me name.


Enjoying a ski trip in Colorado
Just hanging out at home...
One of the last get togethers with friends before we moved.


The day we moved ALL of our belonging into storage AND the day we found out I was pregnant.  
Our first day in the Dominican Republic

Smootching in Santo Domingo.




2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love the photos taking you - and us - through your wonderful first year! We're so happy for you two and Baby Howell!
    All our love and prayers for blessings beyond measure -
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year!!! Thanks for putting the photos in.
    mom and dad

    ReplyDelete